Practice Office Policy
Terms of engagement
Nutritional therapy and functional medicine is practiced by non-medical professionals and is complementary to other regulated forms of healthcare in England. Consultations with a nutritional therapist include taking a detailed case history, performing a physical exam if relevant, creating a dietary/lifestyle plan, and following up on results and progression of your health. Nutritional therapists employ a range of therapeutic techniques including dietary advice, supplements, testing, and lifestyle advice. Nutritional therapists do not provide medical advice.
While the best course of action is continually sought for the client there always exists the possibility of side effects, adverse reactions, or inefficacy of treatment. EONutrition holds your safety and well-being as its highest priority when managing your case and welcomes all questions or concerns you may have.
As a client working with EONutrition I acknowledge that:
- Elliot Overton is not a medical professional and does not provide medical advice.
- Elliot Overton has in no way suggested that my being under his care should prevent me from seeking treatment from any other healthcare practitioner.
- Elliot Overton will strive to deliver the safest and most effective interventions for my case, however, there is still the possibility that side effects or adverse reactions might occur, or that therapeutic benefit may not be achieved.
- I will inform Elliot Overton of all medical conditions I have been diagnosed with, symptoms I am experiencing, and medications I am taking/have taken in the past. I will also inform him of any new medical conditions or symptoms, or medications should they arise.
- I will inform Elliot Overton if I am pregnant or breastfeeding. I will immediately inform him should I become, or plan to become pregnant or if I begin, or plan to begin to breastfeed.
- I will inform Elliot Overton if I do not understand any given part of the recommendations given to me or if I am uncomfortable with any aspect of my care.
- All the information I provide to Elliot Overton and protected by General Data Protection Regulations and is confidential unless disclosure is required by law.
- My case information may be used for the publication of anonymous case reports or case studies. Any information concerning my identity will be excluded from publication, thus maintaining my anonymity.
- I am free to purchase any products recommended by Elliot Overton for my treatment from a vendor of my choosing, being under no obligation to purchase products from Elliot Overton directly.
- Recording of online sessions is prohibited unless explicit consent is gained from Elliot Overton
- I understand that I am responsible for booking follow-up appointments and should contact reception via the online portal or use the online booking system.
- I have read and understood the fee and price schedule.
- You may not receive a refund for sessions that have already been completed, please see the cancellation policy for more information.
- All communication will now go through the online portal system, please do not send emails directly to Elliot. To view or send messages please go to your message inbox on your portal page.
- For questions regarding an action plan that you have received, please message your practitioner. For questions regarding new symptoms or to discuss your ongoing case please book an interim or a follow-up appointment.
- For queries regarding appointment scheduling or for anything else, please message reception.
I declare that I have read and understood the information presented above and that I authorize and consent to my present and future use of the nutritional therapy and functional medicine services by Elliot Overton I understand that I may withdraw this consent at any time.